newsflash: cuttin' it up... new scissor sisters!

The rumors that the terrific tailors of tribadism have returned with a darker, extremely sleek disco sound must be true. Scissor Sisters tribbed their way back into my heart with this new track. I especially love the cameo from Gandalf. I feel like I'm dancing with the Orks of Mordor, but that's really the same thing as going out in DC, anyway.

I hope the rest of the album lives up to this track (and beyond such), because I DID NOT love Ta-Dah. Frankly, I thought it was watered-down and trite. The ladies of labia haven't lived up to their debut LP, Scissor Sisters, since... but there's still hope! Otherwise, YOU SHALL NOT PASS!



ENJOY!(mp3)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

you'd best work this into your set, sir.

SHIFTdc said...

haha. will do!

Unknown said...

is it just me, or does this sound like a mash-up of Pet Shop Boys, Mika and Cut Copy?

Anonymous said...

Haha. It is light years ahead of Mika and Cut Copy, while not being possible without PSB's influence... So I guess, yes. It's in the strain of dirty disco that their cover of "Comfortably Numb" hinted at... which no other band, to my knowledge (at the time), had to balls to try. -MAJR

Post a Comment