release the kelis

Kelis is back. From where, I have no idea, nor do I really care, as I never liked her before. I thought Milkshake was curdled and Bossy was poorly executed. Never before did she show any sort of genuine creativity, until now. I guess that's what happens when you divorce your rap-star husband (Nas) when you're seven months pregnant. Nothing like marital demise to get the juices flowing. Her highly anticipated (can you believe it's her 5th album.. and she's only 31) LP Flesh Tone is due to drop July 6th, and I have to say I really look forward to it.

Also check out the vidja at the bottom of her performing Acapella (first single.. yeah, you know it... you've heard it... get over it, it's good) on Jimmy Kimmel, or as I like to call him... formerly Mr. Sarah Silverman.

The term is overused and completely abused, but Kelis truly is fabulous in her delivery and creative direction right now. She really is the about to kick Lady Gaga right in the vagina. Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment