essential tuesday: music you should own


If you don't love this song, you have no soul. It makes me want to jump up and down, dance like I've lost my mind, eyes closed, and all that junk everyone wants to do but are afraid they'll look too nuts. Not me. Of course, I do it in my underwear at home.
Dog Days Are Over - Florence + The Machine

This is my current favorite song. It's brand new, by one of the best pop artists on the planet, and I think everyone can relate to its amazingly vulnerable sense of neurotic dialogue (you crazy bitches). It's sad as hell. It'll depress the shit out of you. And, you'll love it anyway. Enjoy.

This track is by one of my favorite bands, Metric, and it epitomizes how I feel when I am coming down from a long night out, drunk out of my mind, and dealing with unrequited love. Usually all at once! Hooray!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you can't get down with Florence, you have no soul. I may see her in London at scalper prices, just because it's a must.

Anonymous said...

Do it! I insist! I'm so upset I didn't have time to see her here in DC!

Post a Comment