RMX MON: "Only Insomnia in the World" - Rihanna v. Faithless

 

About a month ago, I discovered this mash-up (which originally dropped in October 2010), and I cannot stop using it in my workout mixes.  I edited it a bit, but it's definitely the best of both worlds.  DJs From Mars really worked this out well.  It has the unmistakable trance feel of Faithless' Insomnia... which basically takes me back to "those days" of questionable choices.  To make it even better, the most iconic chords in Insomnia are laced behind the chorus of one of (perhaps) Rihanna's most powerful tracks.  If not her most powerful, it's easily her most empowering.  In any case, this is great for working out, running, or just doing "questionable" deeds.  
As far as my editing, I definitely increased tempo, took out a great deal of fat that would bore a dance floor, put a back-beat on the down-tempo moments (which were superfluous), added a really cool quiver in the middle of the song that makes my heart smile, and made the most of one of the best mash-up ideas I've ever heard.  Also, check out the original tracks, below- it really brings it all into context.  Enjoy:



No comments:

Post a Comment