three track thursdays 04.29.10 - Mash-Up Edition!

Here are three of my favorite mash-ups! I play these a lot at many of my gigs, and they are what I deem the best of the best, when it comes to mash-ups. Feel free to download (just press the down arrow). I'm a huge fan of the mash-up, when done correctly, and I figured it was time to spread the love to my audience.

First, we have a mash-up of Deadmau5, Amanda Blank, and Bad Cabbage. This track takes Deadmau5' fantastic production and laces it with the bawdy lyrics of Amanda Blank, followed by the cunty words of Bad Cabbage. It's definitely a keeper, and I'm sure you'll like it. This mash-up was formed by the talented L.A.-based mash-up king, DJ Paul V.

Next, we have DEEP/BLK vs. Mark Johnce's mash-up of three electropop bitches: Kylie Minogue, La Roux and Gwen Stefani. This track is so well done, I didn't know what to do with myself when I first heard it. I love it, and you will too (if you haven't heard me wear it out already). And, I don't think I have to tell you which songs are being played by each artist, lest you be labeled retarded.

Finally, we have a track that makes Yeah Yeah Yeahs' Gold Lion (finally) danceable. It took a blast from the 80's past to do it, but this mash-up is great. Somehow, despite no tangible crescendo, this track builds and delivers with the sheer organic sounds of the original two tracks, Company B's Fascinated and Yeah Yeah Yeahs' Gold Lion. Party Ben, mash-up extraordinaire, made this one. It is quite good.

No comments:

Post a Comment