three track thursdays 04.15.10 tax day special

In honor of the Federal Government, I am invoking new Operator Please (as I'll be dealing with those bitches on the phone), I Won't Kneel (my tax season motto) and, lastly, for my own indulgence, an original remix by me.

First we have the fairly talented Australian act, Operator Please. Its first hit, Logic, can be seen (vidja) and downloaded from a post from earlier this week. This track, in my opinion, is superior. Like Magic is the final song on their upcoming album (available in the U.S. at the end of the month, I believe), Gloves.

I Won't Kneel is the first single off Groove Armada's latest album (out a little over a month ago), Black Light. This album is 'pure sex,' as my friend Patrick called it. It's dark and completely 80's synth in spots and overtly atmospheric in others. This track, in particular, sounds like it was 'teleported to us from the 80's,' according to SHIFT's dear Lt. Lush.

Lastly, you have ME! Ok, so I made this mash-up/remix for SHIFT New Year's Eve promo-video this past December (photos). I kept having people ask about the background track, so I sent it to multiple 'fans.' Lately, though, it has been popping up in my workout shuffle... and you know, it's not half bad. It's a good kick in the eardrum, I must say, for Kylie fans who seek a bit more 'umph.' My goal when working the track was to make Kylie sound more electro-dance, instead of bubblegum and unicorn farts. It worked, thanks to the amazing undertones of Designer Drugs' Drop Down.

All tracks are downloadable.

No comments:

Post a Comment