essential: "So Alive" - Ryan Adams

"So Alive" is one of those songs that hit me at the right time when I was in my early 20's. God, I loved this song. I still get very reminiscent when I hear it. It dropped when I was probably at my lowest point personally (hard to believe, huh) in late 2003, and it was a time, musically, when I was very into melodic indie rock. This phase would slowly fade into the neo-new wave era of the mid-2000's and slide right into a healthy electro obsession from 2006-to-present.


Ryan Adams is a great writer and this is from his most underrated record, Rock N Roll. If you don't have the album and love melodic, poetic indie rock, dive in... other highlights are the title track, This Is It, Wish You Were Here, and Anybody Wanna Take Me Home. If you love intoxicating guitar rifts and haunting vocals, you will love this song for years...

No comments:

Post a Comment