essential: new order 'ceremony'

If you do not own this song, you must. It is simply one of the best songs ever written, and you must own it.
There's something about the beauty that is/was New Order that still haunts me in all the right ways (yes, I know the song was originally written by Ian Curtis - sit down you stupid hipster). The melodies they could produce were enchanting. The guitar chords take me out of my own head- over and over and over. And, the vocals are so melancholy they almost cross into the realm of uplifting.


This song just makes me want to dance around, arms in air, in the kind of slow motion that can only be felt after three or four shots of Jameson are mixed with the deafening laughs of those you love.

Oh I'll break them down, no mercy shown
Heaven knows, it's got to be this time
Avenues all lined with trees,
Picture me and then you start watching
Watching forever, forever
Watching love grow, forever
Letting me know, forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment