fresh: 'collide (afrojack remix)' - leona lewis

Leona Lewis, despite looking somewhat similar to a llama, has produced this tolerable new song. And, just like clockwork, Afrojack has sent out his remix. What's interesting about the original track is that it's almost a carbon copy of an Avicii song called Penguin (thanks Shea). Perhaps she bought the rights (or her people did) and put vocals to it (as well as some unneeded tweaking).
As far as the Afrojack remix aspect, you definitely hear that happen around 2:30. It becomes a sudden highly-pitched club sound (which I don't know if I can tolerate) that I often hear at straight dance clubs nowadays. I personally think this sound (like or not) should go the way of the buffalo pretty soon. It's really superfluous and has little to contribute to the music. It just says to the dance "go crazy to this crazy sound," when a thousand other things that actually go with the music could do the same. But, I must admit I'm a vocally and chord-driven music listener and dancer, and I require song-empathy in order to genuinely get into it.


In the meantime, enjoy this fresh-off-the-presses remix by one of the (current) most popular DJs on the planet, and by one of the biggest stars in the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment