GUEST DJ spotlight : DJ DAVID MERRILL, POCKETGAYS

I'm so excited to be spinning with some of the best music tastes in the district TONIGHT at The ZOO BALL! It's going to be so much fun. I am so excited. Here's some awesome background info about the other DJs, as I'm sure you're tired of hearing about me. Haha... Check out (if you haven't already) my TEASERMIX for tonight! -> http://bit.ly/leUsmO (GET YO' ASS PUMPED!)

DJ DAVIL MERRILL

"I have a musical background as a keyboardist (since age 6), and I've been DJing since the 80s. I played all the big clubs in Florida back in the 80s & 90s, including the Copa, Parliament House, El Goya, and Tracks. I left DJing for awhile to pursue a career in computer science, then returned to what I really love, music. I've been DJing for a year since jumping back in, and just loving it.

Stylistically I love House music, especially Electro House, but I'll play anything that makes me want to shake my ass and DANCE HARD. I fucking love scorching hot remixes of old songs of all genres, including country, disco, folk music and rock, especially songs that you would never expect.

I'm resident at Truck Stop and CODE, which I also produce, and the Club Queer weekly radio show."

THE POCKETGAYS (Brett Andriesen & Devon Trotter)
"Born in the 80s, the Pocket Gays came dancing out of the womb to so of the best that pop music had to offer: Madonna, Donna Summer, Culture Club, Prince and David Bowie, and on and on... Off to a good start the wee Pockets forged through the plaid-clad 90s and and post 9/11 2000s, filtering out all that was terrible in music to form tastes that are beyond impeccable.

Having started their own Sunday (School) party at Local 16 the Pockets burst on the scene with giant ambitions. Eager to show DC what they got, the Pockets began DJing at major clubs and parties like WTF at Town, SHIFT at Cobalt, and the all-but-forgotten Pink Sock at Wonderland, with a spattering of nights at Velvet Lounge and the almost fabulous Rendezvous.

Meshing their East Coast/West Coast/European influences, the Pocket Gays are ready to lay down the best indie-, electro-, brit- pop and hip hop for you at SHIFT, so get ready to shake your money maker!!

BAM!! Sickening no?!"


Needless to say, these are great guys who will make you do what SHIFT does best: DANCE.YOUR.FACE.OFF. (which, btw is the only time you'll ever see me end a sentence with a preposition.. hahaha). Oh, lord, this party is going to be insane!

No comments:

Post a Comment