fresh: NEW STROKES!

I know I have been ranting about this for over a week, but I wanted to wait until today to post it. I had a busy weekend on vacation, and now I'm back in sight and whiter than ever!

This is my favorite song so far in 2011, titled Under Cover of Darkness from The Strokes new album Angles (set for a March 22 drop). So. Good. It's a return to the older sound (circa 2001's Is This It) that made The Strokes so novel and defined an entire decade of indie dance rock. The additional aspect of this track that rules my world is that it's more mature than a decade ago, as evidenced by, not one, but TWO choruses in one track that are both stellar.

It's like The Strokes finally got fed up with the young hipster douchebag bands that borrowed pieces of their sound and put them in their place.

They are NOT DEAD YET!
1-CLICK-DL

Now... let's see what the kings of music, Radiohead, has for us on Saturday... Oh, YOU DIDN'T KNOW!?!? ... They are releasing their new album online this Saturday! Typical Radiohead... out of the box and in your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment