3 tracks - 3 GREAT Robyn remixes

THREE TRACK THURSDAY! Hooray! Here are three remixes that I don't play very often, but I plan on changing that soon! Robyn, the pop darling of my life, is the focus today. She is pretty astounding as an artist, but I have driven that point into the proverbial ground before. The NEWS is that she's coming to Baltimore NEXT TUESDAY and I AM GOING! This is cause for celebration!

There are two more exciting aspects of Robyn's return to the Mid-Atlantic: 1.) My good friends The PocketGays are chartering 2 booze-buses full of Robyn fans to go from Dupont (DC) to Baltimore, and back. 2.) I am going to celebrate on Saturday at SHIFT Presents: The Winter Blue Ball with a Robyn-heavy set.

In any case, here are three remixes I barely play, but are worthy of your time and iPod. The RAC remix of Cobrastyle is a-mazing. They are great at everything they do, it seems.
The Be Mine remix is interesting because it's the same version of the song that she sings live. Quite good; darker and more reflective of the song's actual tone.
Lastly, a mashmix of Hang With Me (one of her most lyrically solid tracks) I made months ago that uses the Avicii remix as a base, cuts it up, and infuses a rhythm line from a Scanners/LA Riots remix. This one I haven't played in a few months, but goes over very well with crowds. It's lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment