fresh: DJ Kue makes Far East Movement tolerable

DJ Kue (Mike Morales of Sunnyvale, CA) has apparently made a wonderful practice out of making terrible pop songs tolerable to me. This is yet another example of his wonderful sense of electro-pop humbling my oft-hatred for radio pop. Far East Movement blows something terrible, I have to admit, and the original version (see video below) of this song is no less terrible, but Kue makes me hate it a lot less. Vocals are provided by Ryan Tedder, who recently has become known as the lead singer of OneRepublic (also known as shoot me in the face right now), but years ago did a lot of vocals for Paul Oakenfold. Alas, I think this video would have been much better served if they just would have played it over the Kill Bill fight scene between Black Mamba and O-ren Ishii where Lucy Liu gets her head cut in half. YES! That would have been amazing. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment