3 tracks - snow patrol


So, it's snowin'... how about that? Despite how much I detest any kind of precipitation, it did get me in the mood to listen to some beautiful music. Snow Patrol popped directly in my head, so for this week's 3-track-Thursday, we dive into my favorite Snow Patrol songs.

These tracks come from one of the best indie/alt-rock albums ever, Snow Patrol's first major label release, Final Straw. This album was the band's third, but first to be picked up by the big boys. Granted (probably due to a shuffling of members) the band's output has decreased in quality, but I'll forgive them that. Final Straw was simply magic. It slowly leads you in with How To Be Dead, remains solid, and then hits you with the 1-2-3 punch of Spitting Games, Chocolate, and Run. Here are three tracks from Final Straw and additionally, I wanted to put down the one track that I love the most of their remaining work (they've had two somewhat unbecoming albums since), a tune called You Could Be Happy... which had to be the Irish cutter's anthem of 2006. Hooray!

Anyway, the Final Straw album is definitely worth owning. So, go do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment