3 tracks - for which i'm thankful

I'm not a big Thanksgiving person. Perhaps, if nothing else, because a lack of tradition has been the norm in my life on such a traditional holiday. That, and I hate feeling like a fatass after overeating and extended family gatherings make me want to drown myself in an olympic pool full of green bean casserole. Maybe I'm bitter, maybe I'm completely joking, ...who cares? Anyway, as I ate my breakfast pupusa today from Pollo McHairyUpperLip's in Adams Morgan, I was thinking about for what I am actually thankful. The first thing that popped into my head (after soy milk, of course) was that I am thankful for the bittersweet moments in life where we realize that no one's perfect, we all fuck up, and the day constantly starts anew. Here are three songs that celebrate that and make me happy to be alive, even if sometimes the contents of my living appear to be complete shit. Now, run with me through rows of speeding cars, dream on, and remember if you don't have a date, celebrate; go out and sit on the lawn and do nothing. 'Cause it's just what you must do, and nobody does it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment