rewind: old world underground, where are you now?

Once in a while an album comes around that is so perfect, it's hard to appreciate it until a few (seven) years later. Metric achieved this with Old World Underground, Where Are You Now? back in September 2003, and to this day I am still a huge fan the LP. The album represents everything I love about indie pop, and its influence is heard in a great deal of today's artists of the same genre. With 10 tracks, 9 of which I consider to be outstanding (the only exception for my liking is On A Slow Night), it is an album worth having in your collection. Here are my four favorite tracks (my absolute favorite is probably Hustle Rose because of the entrancing synth) and a link to download the LP. Enjoy being all caffeine-free and faux-punk fatigued.

No comments:

Post a Comment