essentials: noisettes, dan black, moving units


Your Tuesday essentials are pretty exciting, I must say. First we have The Noisettes, who are fantastically underrated and mostly unknown State-side. I have heard Don't Upset the Rhythm some in the bars, but they have yet to make the oh-so-tough UK pop-to-US fluff transition. Saturday Night is perhaps their best song, if not within their top 2 (the other is Never Forget You... look it up!) and I think it's really the right kind of pop.

Next we have Dan Black, who was fantastic last night at 9:30 club. He closed with this track, Yours, and it made my night. I think he is the second coming of Daniel Bedingfield, and that prospect/thought makes me smile rabid dog in Bali.

Lastly, we have a song by a post-punk highly under-appreciated band from L.A. named Moving Units. I've written about them before in the same context, but this time I'm even more stoked because they announced that they're done recording their latest EP, and it will be out soon! Woohoo! This track, The Kids from Orange County, is vintage MU. I can't wait to see them live!

No comments:

Post a Comment