essentials - goldfrapp


With Goldfrapp only a week away (at 9:30 club), I am going to stay on this kick...
Here are my three favorite tracks by Goldfrapp. The first song that I ever heard by Goldfrapp was Train (off the Queer as Folk Season 4 soundtrack... which is quite good, by the way), many years ago. I was immediately taken with the song's innate sexuality without any lyrical crudeness. It was a unique style that is now a staple in the electropop music community, and was quite refreshing for 21-year-old me to hear. That exposure led me to acquiring the Black Cherry album, which also had the fantastic Twist (probably still my favorite track of Goldfrapp, overall). Finally, the most underrated track of Goldfrapp has to be Beautiful (off the fantastic Supernature album). I love the swagger of this song. It screams 'stare at me, I'm gorgeous' and 'suck it everyone' all at the same time. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment