3 tracks: songs that i needed this week

So, I have had a crappy week in a few ways. Have you ever had the ball rolling in the right direction professionally but personally everything is imploding? It's a feeling that makes all the success in the world feel worthless, even if it's just a small amount of such. Well, welcome to my therapy.

In these tracks you'll find Marina & the Diamonds' Are You Satisfied, easily my favorite track by these budding superstars. I also threw down a slightly angry track by Duffy, Rain on Your Parade, which is the ferocity equivalent of press-on painted talons.. but the angry little girl in me totally digs it. Lastly, Freak Out, by Stellastarr* is a track that still calms me down in the middle of my biggest of messes, and then it lets me, indeed, freak out in my own way. It's a song that helps me get over all of the disappointment of life by dancing around it, instead of running from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment