from ears to each others' mouths

Music seems to be slowing down in the creative department in 2009.  Last year, 2008, was fantastic for new bands and sounds, but this year I find myself growing increasingly bored.   As a DJ, and as basically “me,” I am constantly looking for new sounds and sound-based stimuli.  I am worried that this year will not produce anything that will excite me.  If nothing else, we have spin-master outfits thriving this year, such as The Twelves, Designer Drugs, Filthy Dukes, and LA Riots

Especially the latter.  They are fantastic.  They are playing at ULTRABAR on July 23.   Be there for a fantastic dancing experience.  When will the producers and record executives pull their dicks out of each others' mouths and start to realize that they can make as much (and possibly more) money by investing unto innovation... not repetition.  Lame bastards.  Mainstreaming is a bitch.

Never accept crap in your ears.  Just as a safe rule.

Album of the Week: Beck's Midnite Vultures -a classic still.

No comments:

Post a Comment