leaking out the fantasies

~*News Flash*~ A few tracks from Metric's new album, Fantasies, have leaked.

Metric, a band that has helped define the Canadian indie rock sound, is set and ready for launch with their new record. Unfortunately there has been a leak, and I have shamelessly taken advantage of this. I apologize, I have an addiction, and the only cure is more Metric.

I have heard all but one track from the LP, and it has not only impressed me, but sounds like it is going to rival their opus, Old World Underground, Where Are You Now? The feeling here is that Metric has ultimately come to epitomize what pop is supposed to be, and probably never will be. I encourage everyone to go online and buy it when it debuts next Tuesday, April 14. I know I definitely will (I have a conscience, after all).

After an approximate week, I will officially review it. Until then, enjoy the clever and beautiful lyricism of Miss Emily Haines, as well as the unique sound that is innately, undeniably Metric.
-the Majr

1 comment:

M.H. Adolphson, Jr. said...

on a side note, I think this album will surpass YYY this year. maybe even come close to Tonight: FF.

Post a Comment