go on, take everything

This weekend I went to The Hose in the East Village, NYC. This is a bar that you basically cannot find unless you know where it is, apparently, but it was well worth the search (on Avenue B, between 13th and 14th). Alas, after finding the very subtle entrance, I escaped for a couple hours into non-suck land, which was fantastic.

It was "Nirvana Night," and I danced like an idiot to songs like The Vines' Fuck the World, Hole's Violet, and Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit and Smashing Pumpkins' Bullet with Butterfly Wings. "Back in the day," as they say, I was a huge fan of the early '90's grunge scene, and the bands it influenced. In producing this evening, The Hole allowed me to stumble and dance down amnesia lane. Oddly enough, the highlight was hearing Violet, as Hole's Live Through This is one of my favorite albums, ever. R.I.P. Cobain (and Love's talent).

It was heavenly. I hope to go back as soon as possible. The atmosphere, staff and prices were as good as the music, and it provided a nice escape from the boring-as-hell typical bar scene.

Rating: Hit The Hole as soon as you can. You know you want to.
-the Majr

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This weekend was amazing, sorry I couldnt stay to hang out Saturday night! No presets live review?

SHIFTdc said...

it's a-coming... thanks for being the official photographer

Post a Comment