brandon flowers killing solo

Yeah yeah yeah... I know I have constantly criticized the direction The Killers have gone, musically. That aside, I still have a great deal of affection for Mr. Brandon Flowers. The 29-year-old's solo effort, Flamingo, is due out September 14th. I think it will inevitably be a hit... but whether or not I like it... who knows. In the meantime, I do dig the first video released for the accompanying single, Crossfire. Maybe it's the Kill Bill-influenced tongue-in-cheek tone (and the fact that I have unhealthy attractions toward Charlize Theron)... maybe I am a sucker for a whiney bitch with a cute face... or I just want Flowers to be successful. I don't really care. As with most things, I just know it's not half-bad, if not good! So, enjoy!

Also (and probably even better than Crossfire) below is a remix of what is to be track 2 of the album, Only the Young ... and this is what I would call damn-good (it's a very respectable rating system, I know). Soak up the solo...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the video for the way it plays with gender expectations, him being the equivalent of the "damsel in distress" and Charlize Theron being the hero to rescue and draw him in at the end -- he didn't have to play it that way.

JW

Anonymous said...

The only thing that seems to bother me is that, like so many Killers videos, it doesn't line up w/ the track.

Post a Comment