fresh wednesday : donora

So, apparently in December 2008 when their self-titled LP was released, I had no idea who Donora was. Alas, now I do. I recently came across their single, Shout, and I am a bit smitten. It's straight-up indie pop-rock circa early 2000's sound. I am addicted and consistently find myself turning off the shuffle and seeking out the track on my walk to work.

Named after the small town in Pennsylvania, this Pittsburgh-based act consists of Jake and Casey Herner (siblings) and Jake Churton. Casey's vocals definitely have a Veronicas/Avril Lavigne sound to them, but without making me want to mix a hot razor with a warm bath. I hope you like it as much as I do, but if you don't, that's okay. We all can't be slumber budding bosom party girls inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment