three track thursdays 05.13.10 - igby comes back

I'm a gigantic fan of a good score or soundtrack, and one of the most influential soundtracks of my life has been that of Igby Goes Down. A coming of age comedic drama about a young adult coming to terms with his world, in all its joys and faults, this movie hit me at the right time in my life. With amazing performances by an all-star cast (who were paid beans, but did the film anyway because the script was so good), I still can watch it any day. Musically, this film drew from a great deal of popular, brit-rock, and indie rock acts including Travis, Driftland, Badly Drawn Boy, Coldplay (when they were still young and trying), and (my personal favorite) The Dandy Warhols. Here are my 3 favorite tracks from the down-tempo, beautiful, introspective soundtrack:

No comments:

Post a Comment