essential tuesday: the killers b-sides

The Killers have risen from the indie-dance post-punk haze into pop prominence in less than 7 years. No matter how much I progressively dislike their musical direction, I still love the root of their sound. I can't help but adore Brandon Flowers' false sense of entitlement. And, I still still look forward to each new record with the hope that they return to the dirty, belligerent dance-rock that made them famous.

Here are my favorite b-sides/rarities of Flowers & Co, beginning with the song I hailed as my anthem in 2004, Glamorous Indie Rock & Roll, which now can only be seen as ironic considering the band's last album. I love all these tracks, especially Under the Gun, one of the first songs I ever heard by them, and their cover of The Smiths' Why Don't You Find Out for Yourself. I also threw in the best song they never recorded, Where Is She/Soft Surrender, a track only heard live in the cut below.. but you can tell that it's quite good. Additionally, I love The Ballad of Michael Valentine... just because- so deal!

In any case, these songs rock and always remind me why I love The Killers. Glamorous Indie Rock & Roll is what I want. It's in my SOUL, it's what I need. Indie Rock & Roll, it's time!
Enjoy... and feel free to download with the down arrow on the right of the soundcloud.
Stay if you wanna love me, stay
Oh don't be shy, let's cause a scene
Like lovers do on silver screens
Let's make it yeah, we'll cause a scene

It's Indie rock'n'roll for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment