remix monday : Florrie gets Falke'd

Fred Falke, as always, does a fantastic job with his remixes. You can edit them down into club bangers, or you can keep them as an ambient, borderline-orchestral piece of electronica. Florrie, with her eerily-Annie sound, is perfect for Falke's prowess. These two tracks, though I do not absolutely love the originals, are great for remixes. Also, I have gotta give a shout-out to my boy Wesley over at Coffee&Bars, who is in LOVE with Florrie. He didn't point me to these remixes (I'm a Falke-follower with serious addiction issues), but his love of Florrie has been joyously crowding my inbox for a while. I will say that I think she is a rising star to watch, and that her affiliation with the Pet Shop Boys has paid some serious talent and connection dividends. I'm excited to hear what else pops out of her musical womb. Work. It. Out.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Have you not overdosed yet on the Falke remix of "Call 911"? That is the one to which I can't stop listening.

Post a Comment