fresh : macy gray returns


Macy Gray is not washed up. Maybe all the booze and hallucinogens slowed her down over the last 10 years, but she is finally back to where she started: making good music with vivid emotion and a sly sense of humor. She's really come a long way from playing the lead in Sanford and Son, I must say. Haha. All kidding aside, here are three fantastic tracks from her new album The Sellout, due out June 22. The supervenus freak is back... and I'm really happy to celebrate her as an artist, once again. The Sellout (title track) reminds me of her debut album (one of the best albums in history, IMO), On How Life Is. Kissed It samples the drumbeat from Rock & Roll Pt. 2 (The Hey Song), and includes a fantastic swing provided by Velvet Revolver. This is probably my favorite track, by far. Finally, we have a song that samples what seems to be the Batman theme, That Man, which makes sense considering the title. Enough said. This bitch has her shit together and I'm thoroughly enjoying this album (which was sent to me very kindly by DJ Matt Bailer)... here are the three highlights:

No comments:

Post a Comment