"Goods (MAJR club edit)" - iamamiwhoami

IAMAMIWHOAMI is a Swedish act/project (SWEDEN! AGAIN!)  of singer/lyricist Jonna Lee, an immensely talented broad worth hearing.  The debut album, Kin, is getting fantastic reviews since its release on June 11 of this year.  It is worth noting that IAMAMWHOAMI has been leaking a lot of these tracks since 2009, and finally put them on one album for the world to distribute and enjoy.  So... do that.
As much as I know this track will probably never fly at regular pop-laden gigs (i.e. gay bars), I am in love with it and can't get it out of my head.  It is a beautiful combination of haunting synths, cerebral pop/lyrics, and the kind of danceability that cannot be denied.  It is a wonderful piece of work, and was worth editing to play in house sets.  It is definitely a track I'd have to sandwich (between two 'winning' tracks), but I hope (in my foolishly optimistic mind) that one day someone will request it.

And we shall marry immediately.


ORIGINAL VIDEO/SONG


No comments:

Post a Comment