fresh: "How To Be A Heartbreaker (MAJR club edit)" - Marina & the Diamonds

So, I'm dying to play this song in sets, but it's been very difficult to do so, so I made this. 

It's really that simple.

You're welcome.  

This was a little more of a pain in the ass than I expected, but it was totally worth it.  I had to drop the tempo to a more mixable speed (133bpm), and then adjust the bass levels so that they had more dance floor intensity.  In certain areas, I basically dropped the bottom out of the song in order to make the chorus pop more.  In the end, I think this MAJR club edit does Marina & the Diamonds justice, and makes me dance around when I play it... and that's all that really matters.

The one thing I will say is that I couldn't quite get the bass levels right, so you DJs out there might want to drop your level a tiny bit, depending on your system.

Enjoy:


No comments:

Post a Comment