"We Are The Drums (Fear of Tigers remix)" - Le Kid

As someone of Swedish lineage (have you read my last name?), I always get excited when I hear something good come from IKEA Proper. Of course, everyone knows my long-past-borderline obsession with Robyn, as well as my great appreciations for Lykke Li, The Hives, The Knife, Teddybears, The Sounds, Caesars, Fever Ray, Miike Snow, Kleerup, Shout Out Louds, Millencolin, Peter Bjorn & John, ABBA, The Cardigans, and (lest we forget) Roxette! Can Sweden get any better, musically?


In any case, the constitutional kingdom of meatballs and allen wrenches produced Le Kid, a dual-female led synth rock band with a lot of spandex and sass. This Fear of Tigers remix has been out a few months, but is new to me, and that's all that matters. Hopefully you dig at as much as I do. Hooray!


Here's a lovely video of them performing the album version live.

No comments:

Post a Comment