"Criminal (Cosmic Dawn v. MAJR edit)" - Britney Spears



Cosmic Dawn is quickly becoming my favorite source of phenomenal pop remixes. This Norweigan master is getting bigger and bigger, and I couldn't be happier about that. He incorporates parts of nü disco and electro, as well as maintaing a great deal of respect for the pop electronica that should never be lost from the original tracks when he remixes. In any case, here is a mix I recently edited down into a club track.


On my side of things, I messed with the tempo, as well as the momentum of the track. I wanted a good, mixable track with proper intro and outro placement, as well as the kind of house energy needed for my sets. The drop in this song is a little unbecoming, but that's Britney Spears' fault - let's be real. The original track isn't too powerful, but this remix overcomes that to an extent. And, I look forward to playing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment