my current song obsession - cherry red

The oft-drunk, overtly talented, and eternally sassy Norweigan Ida Maria returns with this amazing track and solid album, Katla (which came out today, and I kind of love it). 8 tracks of indie dance rock angst mixed with hilarious lines from a girl who is bound to break it big. God this is fun stuff. Cherry Red is A MUST HEAR. Do it.
Other tracks I love are "10000 Lovers," which has its fair share of hilarious one-liners, "Let's Leave," a humorous look at wanting to become more domestic because of one's messy nature under the influence, and "Quite Nice People," a shockingly slow and sarcastic album opener that sounds more like a Regina Spektor meets She & Him track. And, I love it. There are a couple tosses in this album (toward the end), but 6/8 good tracks is quite solid. Enjoy!
And, just because I feel nice today, I'll throw in my favorite older track (and video) by Ida Maria! Here you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment