between two lungs it was released

Usually I do a Remix Monday post on this day, but that can go suck a bagadix today.

Have you ever had a song completely consume you for a few days? Sometimes it goes even longer, sometimes it fades quickly after a good punch in the face... and then there are the moments when a track will start engulfing you. You begin to hear all the nuances of production, all the subtle metaphors, and all the pieces of the puzzle that make the most amazing image... and not one of those terrible Kinkade puzzles that make douchebags think they appreciate art.

This track is tied with Dog Days Are Over (which was a pretty stellar performance last night on the VMAs) as my favorite Florence + The Machine song. It is an amazing love song. There's this moment at 3:28 that my entire life stops and I'm in the song and nowhere else. Ladies & Gentleman, I give you Between Two Lungs!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting, this is one of the songs that really hasn't grabbed me on the Florence record. Glad to see her achieving more mainstream success in the States, however.

SHIFTdc said...

I don't know what it is... It just has this build that will sneak up on you.. and then the break at 3:28 just catches you offguard, just enough. love it.

Post a Comment