SIREN OhOh's - Sonique, Alice Deejay, Tamia

One half of the music at Friday's SIREN party is a celebration of new retro: an era from 1997-2003 when many of us were making the best of our worst decisions and dancing to music that the majority of people have yet to embrace. Too soon? ...Probably.

The dance music of this time was so gay that it has to be celebrated for its sheer audacity of homo-centricity. Maybe there's this weird correlation between how popular drugs are and how great the music becomes... or maybe it was another period of concentrated sound (whether it was deep disco house, trance, or breaks) that begat such wonderfully simple, terribly indulgent, sensationally homosexual dance music. Well, really, I don't give a fuck either way.. all I know is I like what I like, and I still have my guilty pleasures of music that invokes visions of fog, lasers, bubbles, snow machines, dark hallways with dirty deeds, and poor life choices (WAIT?!... we have all of those at SIREN...) - and I know you do too!

Here are three essentials you know you still love and that you'll definitely hear on Friday at SIREN the 13th [back to APEX!].

No comments:

Post a Comment