fresh wednesday : new interpol, the helio sequence

Interpol, easily one of my favorite bands, has returned with a new track, Lights. It's vintage Interpol: eerily honest with soft harmonies and a genuine post-punk early 2000's sound that is heavy on the love affair between vocalist Paul Banks' voice and lead guitar. It builds on Sam Fogarino's percussion and Banks' ability to do repetition like no other.

I can't help but think that this is a return to the sound that made their debut LP, Turn on the Bright Lights, one of the best albums of the last 10 years (and one of my favorites- easily one of the most shaping albums of my life). Give the new one a listen:

Secondly we have a new track from The Helio Sequence, one of my favorite discoveries of the last two years. Their last LP, Keep Your Eyes Ahead, was my favorite album (hands down) of 2008. This track, their first since lead singer damaged his vocal chords and had to re-learn how to sing. How insane is that? Anyway, it's not bad:

No comments:

Post a Comment